1) Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use Bylaw Amendment to Review Commercial Use Provisions in Downtown Residential Zones
Proposals for non-residential development utilizing large heritage homes in downtown Truro are currently not permitted by existing zoning regulations. Indications are that there may be an issue with the current regulations that warrants a review and possibly amendments.
Deferred to Planning Documents Review.
2) Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use Bylaw Amendment to permit multiple unit residential development in the Local Commercial (C3) Zone and to rezone 203 King Street to the C3 Zone
Amendments to the Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law that will: introduce new policy that will permit properties in Town that abut a property in the Local Commercial (C3) Zone to rezone to the C3 Zone; amend the C3 Zone and supporting policies to permit multiple unit residential uses; and rezone 203 King Street to the C3 Zone.
A public hearing will be held on May 7, 2018 at 1:00 P.M. in Council Chambers.
Click here to fill out the online survey: 203 King Street Survey
3) 29-37 Philip Street, Meech Holdings Limited
Development Agreement Application to permit a multiple unit residential development consisting of the renovation and conversion of the former Truro Alliance Church building into 7 dwelling units and the construction of a one-storey four unit building to the rear of the property.
Application to be reviewed by Planning Advisory Committee on April 30th, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Click here to fill out survey: 29-37 Philip Street Survey
4) Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use Bylaw Amendment to permit a single unit dwelling at 1 Willow Lane
Municipal Planning Strategy Amendment to change the Future Land Use Designation and Zoning of 1 Willow Lane from the General Commercial Designation and General Commercial (C4) Zone to the General Residential Designation and General Residential (R3) Zone.
Application pending further information.
5) 140 Dominion Street, Strategic Atlantic Limited
Development Agreement Application to permit a multiple unit residential development consisting of ten townhouse style dwellings.
Revised proposal and application to be reviewed by Planning Advisory Committee at an upcoming meeting, date to be determined.