How to apply for a Taxi Drivers License
To apply for a New Taxi Driver’s License, you must apply for a Criminal Records/ Vulnerable Sector Check. This ensures that the applicant does not have any disqualifying convictions that would prevent them from obtaining a licence, as per Town of Truro Taxi Bylaw #B1031200. The Criminal Records Check application form can be obtained at Town Hall for a fee of $25.00. This package is to be completed at the Truro Police Service. Once approved an appointment can be arranged with the Taxi Administrator for your written exam at the Planning and Development Services or by calling 902-895-1148. A pass mark of 50% is required.
- Taxi Driver Application Form
- A Valid Class 1 through 4 Nova Scotia Driver’s License
- New/Renewal License Fee $25.00
How to apply for a Taxi Owner License
To apply for a Taxi Owner License, you must meet the requirements of the Town of Truro Taxi Bylaw# B1031200. An appointment can be arranged for your "Vehicle for Hire Inspection" by contacting the Taxi Administrator at 902-895-1148. Our office will require a complete application along with the required documents.
- Taxi Owner Application Form
- A clear photocopy of your Insurance Certificate
- Copy of Motor Vehicle Registration Permit (Original document must be in the vehicle at the time of inspection)
- Copy of Motor Vehicle Inspection (All inspections are required by MacKenzie’s Ultramar Auto Repair located at 1072 Prince Street. This inspection is to be completed within 30 days of submitting application)
- Meter Calibration Slip (Must be dated and signed and current within 30 days)
- Taxi Owner License Fee $25.00