The Truro Business Park is home to nearly 70 existing businesses which perform a wide variety of uses such as distribution, manufacturing, processing, and warehousing, with the largest employers in textiles and plastics.
Businesses located within the Truro Business Park enjoy the following strategic advantages:
- Quick and convenient access to Highway #102 and the Trans-Canada Highway.
- Location in a major commercial center, and the largest Town along the Halifax to Moncton Growth Corridor.
- Direct rail line access to a number of locations within the Park, and located at the intersection of Atlantic Canada’s main north-south and east-west rail lines.
- Located 65 kms to the Halifax Stanfield International Airport and 160 kms to the Greater Moncton International Airport.
- Located 20 kms to the Debert Airport, a smaller local airport.
- Access to several nearby seaports, including the Port of Halifax, in one of the world’s largest natural harbours in Halifax.
- Fully serviced, reasonably priced lots.
- The most cost competitive business location of any major city or town in Canada or the United States, according to the 2012 KPMG study on International Business Location Costs.
As the regional leader in the promotion of industrial development in central Nova Scotia, Truro offers an excellent opportunity for new and established industrial investment. The combination of a well-trained, highly skilled workforce and a superb quality of life contributes to Truro's continued industrial success. Over the years, the success of the industrial sector has contributed to the stability and the sense of security for both the Town and industry alike.
In 2012, according to the KPMG study on International Business Location Costs, Truro ranked first among all other major cities and towns in Canada and the United States for the most cost competitive business location. The study factors in more than 100 cities, in 10 countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the United States and measures the combined impact of 26 key cost components that vary by location.
The Truro Business Park is owned by the Town of Truro and is administered by the Truro Industrial Development Society. The Town of Truro is responsible for maintenance of streets, domestic and storm sewers, water supply systems, street lighting and snow removal from streets.
The Park is located near the center of what is now commonly referred to in business and economic development communities as the Halifax-Moncton Growth Corridor, the most populous region in Atlantic Canada. From a more micro point of view, the Park is located south of the Central Business District. It is bounded to the west by Willow Street and the Canadian National Railway mainline; to the east by residential development; and to the south by the Town’s southern border. The Park lies on a fairly level section of land that gradually rises to the east and south. The northern end of the park lies approximately 150 feet above the Salmon River estuary and rises to 250 feet at the southern end of the park. The park has excellent drainage, with surface water draining east into McClures Brook. There is no ponding in the Park and soil conditions in the Park are consistent with the rich agricultural land of the Truro area.
All developed and available lands are fully serviced or serviceable with water, sewer and electrical services. Water and sewer mains within the park are provided by the Town of Truro.
Lots Available For Sale
The Truro Business Park currently has lots available for sale. See below and attached Information Fact Sheets for individual lot attributes.
For more information please contact the Business & Economic Development Office directly.
Lots are available for sale with an approval of development from the Truro Industrial Development Society.
Within the Truro Business Park ( pdf Map Overview (414 KB) ):
- pdf Lot 408B: Blakeney Drive (12.84 MB)
- pdf Lot 527: Blakeney Drive (13.60 MB)
- pdf Lot 502A: Industrial Avenue (3.16 MB)
- pdf Lot 503A: Industrial Avenue (3.17 MB)
- pdf Lot 509B: Industrial Avenue (3.03 MB)
Within the Truro Business Park Expansion ( pdf Map Overview of the Expansion (431 KB) ):
- pdf Lot 1A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 2A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 3A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 4A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 5A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 6A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 7A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 8A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 9A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
- pdf Lot 10A: Young Street (3.07 MB)
For more information contact:
Business Development Officer
695 Prince Street
P.O. Box 427
Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada B2N 5C5