Want to Stay Informed of What Is Happening in Your Community?
Sign Up Today
Truro Connect is a free public notification program that will allow subscribers to receive important information about their municipality via text message, email or voice call to phone as well as through the AlertTC smartphone app.
- As a subscriber you can receive:
- Emergency Alerts (i.e. water quality notifications, severe weather notices, amber alerts)
- Public Advisories (i.e. road closures, water main breaks)
- General Community Notices (i.e. newsletters, special events)
Truro Connect is a communication tool to assist with keeping individuals living and working in the Town of Truro informed of what is happening in our community.
What do I need to sign up?
- You will need to create a unique username and password and have a valid email address. It is recommended that you use your email address as your username.
- You will be required to enter a local address (i.e. home or business) that will help the municipality ensure you receive the proper notifications.
- When filling out the signup form you will be asked for a “Location Name”. Examples would include “Home, Work, Cottage, etc”
- You will be asked to select a Time Zone. Please select “GMT-04:00 Atlantic Standard Time (America/Halifax)” as your local time zone.
- You may sign up for more than one property if you choose (i.e. home or work).